The original Mountain Chapel seems to have been operating from about 1814 to 1889.
Hugh James cannot recall any gravestones at the old chapel but there have been local rumours of a stone from there, with inscription (possibly taken with chapel stones for building work) being at Bevlin.
However the then owners (Collinsons) were asked and they couldn't recall seeing anything like that there.
So where the stone has gone to is now a mystery - and are there others anywhere??